Thursday, December 29, 2011

Music Picks from Twenty-11


One of my favourite things about this time of year is reading people's "Best of" lists. Its such a great way of finding new music. The hype has tempered, people have a little more perspective. Its a good time.
This year I thought I'd put together a short list of some of my favourite songs from the year. Not all of them were released this year, but I heard them all for the first time in 2011.(For the sake listenability I put some of the more challenging ones at the end. be warded - swear words happen.)
My picks from 2011 by Alex Grigg on Grooveshark

There are looooads of songs and artists left off this list (for various reasons), but a couple that deserve a mention - Joe Goddard with Gabriel (I couldnt find the right version on grooveshark) Azealia Banks with her genius 212, Realestate misses out purely because I've got another song by Matthew Mondanile in there (under Ducktails) and The Weeknd was left off because I think his songs are a lot stronger when they are in the album.
If you have a list of your own, link me up. I would love to hear

No comments: