Monday, September 22, 2008

DZ, cd cover



Heya guys this is a CD cover that Ive put together for a band called DZ. A kickin little garage/grunge. I haven't shown the guys yet, so there will be revisions for sure.
I wanted to try something a little different with this, so its all hand done. The illustration in the text was inked with nibs at about A4 size. A lot of the story is lost because its shrunken down, but there is one in there. The ornaments at the bottom and top were inked with a finer fountain pen. I think ink is something that i want to explore a lot more.

would love some opinions on this one

3 comments:

Leath said...

Really nice man. I don't think there's anything i would change.

Emily Nelson said...

Id like to see the ink drawing on its own... Im worried the audience will miss out on alot of beautiful work that you put time into!... however its a slick idea putting it into text... Im thinking though at CD dimensions you could loose a fair bit of detail... I dunno
I really like the idea of it in the text though... if there was a way of showing more of the image...
The little emblem at top and bottom is very cute!
post some more variations alex!
I think youre a great designer...
these are my current thoughts... ill look at it some more!
CD design is hard I reckon...

by the way your little character designs below are really sweet! :D I like the noses hehe

Emily Nelson said...

howd u go with this? I never saw the finished producto!